Over the past couple of weeks, I have posted a lot of information about the 2015 TCRC Social happening at the Midwest Climbing Academy Saturday, March 21. Here is a recap of what is going on and what you can expect.
- The event is scheduled 4-9 pm on Saturday, 3/21/15
- The main climbing area in the Academy has a 50-60 person capacity
- There will be 2 blocks of climb time; you can sign up for 1
- 4:30-6 or 6:30-8
- It will cost you $10 to enter and climb during this event. Cash/charge only.
- You can attend for free and NOT climb
- You must fill out a waiver to enter
- This is a fundraiser for Twin Cities Rock Climbing Meetup
- Your full entry fee goes to Midwest Climbing Academy
- Raffle and t-shirt sales benefit TCRC Meetup
- Raffle tickets are $2 each. Buy as many as you want.
- Each prize will have its own ticket box
- Enter to win the exact prize(s) you want
- You do not need to be present to win
- This is a potluck affair!
- Bring a bag or plate or box of something to share. Soda/juice also a good option.
- NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED IN THE ACADEMY – this is a youth facility
- The Academy’s top out boulder will be outside in the courtyard!
- Bring your crash pad to help protect the masses
4:00-4:30 First round of registration/orientation
4:30-6:00 Climbing Block 1
5:00-8:30 Photo Booth
6:00-6:30 No climbing – door prizes and announcements
6:30-8:00 Climbing Block 2
8:00-8:45 Raffle and Speed Comp Finals
8:45-9:00 Cleanup and Get Out!
Maybe you want to come right at 4 pm, climb in the first block, stay for door prizes, leave for a bit come back for raffle drawing.
Maybe you want to come around 5:30, win some door prizes, climb in the second block, stay for raffle.
Maybe you want to come for the whole thing, climb when you can, socialize, volunteer.
You decide and we’ll see you there!
Twin Cities Rock Climbing Meetup
$2 per ticket – buy as many as you want!
$14 each; limited quantities and sizes, first come first served
When everything is done at the Academy, head out into NE Minneapolis with your climbing friends and keep the party going. Here is a link to a map of the Academy and surrounding restaurants.